Friday, December 4, 2009

Hooks, Rods, Reels and High Heels - Fishing is Just Not a Guy's Thing Anymore

Hey ladies, not a child "Tom" as the fish. I'm not sure that fishing for the person and I'm not a typical shy to show it. I am a blond hair, blue eyes, "Girly-Girl" at heart who truly loves the sport of fishing. I am who I am and I like what I like. Last week, I heard some local mentioning that the salmon are running. The salmon are running ... and I said to myself, boy, no doubt love the experience of catching a big fish. So I decided to take action and plan a fishing trip on the Muskegon River with local fisherman, Jim Churchill, of Riverside Outfitters LLC. When my fishing day finally arrived, I was so excited that I could not stand it! I was like a kid in a candy store. I braced myself and went to meet Jim at the designated launch. Once I arrived, I took my car and headed over. Jim stopped and looked at me surprised and asked me if I went fishing in high heels. I laughed and said: "Of course, these are my lucky shoes, high heels." He said he thought he had seen everything until that day. Therefore, he invited me to step aboard his boat. Jim started the engine and headed toward the river for salmon. We traveled for a while, then began to slow down and stop and anchor. Eager to fish, then Jim equipped with all the tools correctly and explained exactly what had to do to catch a salmon. So I threw one, two, three times and then four times ... and wham! Suddenly I realized that I only caught a fish! Jim was instructing me every step of the way to the pole, pole down on the roll, let the output carry, etc. .. It was exciting that my heart beat the excitement and challenge of getting the fish into the boat without losing much ... 30-pound line test is a powerful ... Finally, after 10-15 minutes, the salmon tired and we set off and put on a boat. We were both really surprised at the size of fish. Not only fish but a huge male salmon 18 pounds. I said that my arrest was attributed to high heels my luck and my ability to launch a natural and he laughed and said, "You amaze me ... very well could be." Jim gave me my prize of 18 pounds of fish and taught me how to handle correctly. I struck a pose and take the fish, and I took the photo. Boy, was it a day and a terrible experience I will never forget, like a first kiss. Then I knew I had to share this story with others so they can be at times to intervene and create their own life experiences or will it be before they know it. Taking time fishing can be a great way to offset some of the many challenges and stresses that all women seem to be facing today. Sometimes just being somewhere away from the frantic pace of life - if only for a few hours - able to provide a new perspective and a fresh vision. Fishing as a hobby is growing with women and this is the estimated number of women who acquire fishing licenses each year exceeds 12 million. Ladies, I encourage you to support our local fishing simulator and take time out for you, from the poles, put on heels so high, step on the boat to see what can be done. Above all have fun and good luck! I can not wait to go fishing again. For more information on fishing simulator access www.HessLakeRentals.com Western Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment